Saturday, October 22, 2011

Generation 1.11


Sunglow had his birthday recently. He didn’t want to do anything special for it, so quietly transitioned into an Adult one night after work. He might have a few extra laugh lines around his eyes and mouth, but I just love him more.



It was official, I was carrying baby number three. Boy or girl, I knew this would be our last child, so I treasured this pregnancy more, I think.



“Hello there, little guy. Can you hear me? It’s your daddy.”

“I don’t think the baby can hear you just yet, Sunglow,” I laughed, since I was still barely showing. That didn’t stop him from trying though. He was determined.



Sunglow showered me with attention during my pregnancy, too. Despite our busy lives, I never wanted for affection from that man. He was the best.







And he did the dishes for me too! What more could a woman want! Except maybe some ice cream . . .



Sunglow worked with Lemon Tart on her walking, since she’d be having a birthday soon. Some days they had more luck than others.



While I kept busy out in the garden. As with my other two pregnancies, I didn’t let the fact that I was with child slow me down in the slightest.



Honey spent most of her time in front of the easel we’d bought her, working on her painting skills. I thought her paintings were adorable but she was so hard on herself, hating the fact that she was only capable of producing ‘kiddy crap.’ 



I worried about my eldest daughter a lot. Though I was thrilled when she brought home a familiar face from school one day. It was my friend Mango’s eldest son, Melon Abyss. He took almost completely after his father, Marine, except for the eyes. Those were all Mango.



They went upstairs as soon as they arrived to work on their homework, by Honey’s choice. She insisted on making sure it was done right away. Is it wrong of me to wish that she’d be a little less studious and hard-working? I just wish she’d enjoy herself and act more like the kid she is, rather than a thirty-year-old in a child’s body, I suppose.




“Sorry my house is so blah, Melon,” Honey heaved apologetically. “I know we don’t have hardly anything fun to do around here. No money to buy anything.”



“It’s no problem,” Melon assured cheerily. “And your house isn’t bad at all. It’s way out in the woods, I bet there’s tons of adventures you can have out here. You wanna go out and explore?”



Unfortunately Honey hated to be outside, and didn’t look at all convinced. Not long after that Mango called and asked for Melon to come home, anyhow. Honey went right back to her painting, vowing to get better.



Late that evening I was moving through the living room when the first labor-pains hit. Three times now, and the pain never lessened. Holy Berry above, did it hurt!



Hours later, our next—and last—treasure was born. It was a boy, just like we’d wanted. We named him Saffron Spice Palette.



Sunglow was over the moon in love with the new baby, just as he had been with Saffron’s older sisters. He happily got up in the middle of the night to give Saff his first feeding. I’ve never seen someone so happy to be rudely awoken at 3 am.



Our family was now complete, and I couldn’t be happier. A wonderful husband, two beautiful girls and a bouncing baby boy, a thriving garden and a house that was slowly but surely becoming the home of my dreams. I couldn’t want for more. Even if the new sink still broke. 



((Another installment down! We’re winding down to the end of generation one. One or two, maybe three more updates and we’ll switch to Gen 2. Hope you enjoyed, and hopefully the chapters aren’t becoming too repetitive. Once you start having babies it seems like they take it over, lol. ))

4 comments:

  1. We get to vote for the next heir right?? Congrats on a boy! Sunglow probably always wanted a son.

    ~froggiesim

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( Um . . . not this time unfortunately. The DITFT has specific requirements, so I've already been grooming the heir, so to speak. And next gen should only have one child, but I'll try for an heir vote on Gen 3 if people really want it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay :3 annnnd yay! I am glad they got all their kiddos. Also I love all their names!! I can't wait to see who got heir and what little Saffron looks like!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great update :) Honey seems to be growing up to be quite like a scrooge. :o yaay for a boy finally :D

    ReplyDelete