Thursday, October 13, 2011

Generation 1.6


It seemed before I knew it the big day was here. My wedding day! I managed to scrounge up a wedding dress from the consignment shop. It was way out of fashion, but I didn’t care. Mango had to work today, unfortunately, but she came by early that morning to help me with my hair.



Since Mango couldn’t come, Sunglow and I decided to have a private ceremony on the farm with just the two of us. He looked so handsome in his tux. We exchanged rings under the arch that I had bought.



Since my last name was just about all I had left of my parents, Sunglow had decided to change his name to mine instead of the other way around.



And then we shared our first kiss as husband and wife, and it was one of the best feelings in the world.



I knew then that no matter what the future might bring us, through thick and through thin we would always be together, forever.



After the vows were said, it was time for some yummy wedding cake. I had been making pretty good money on my crops, so I splurged a bit for this three-tiered monster even though it was just the two of us. I figured left-over cake was never a bad thing to have in the fridge.



We both had a pretty big slice of it, then I put the leftovers away and started on the dishes. At this point my nerves were starting to catch up to me and I desperately needed to keep myself busy to keep from having a panic attack. Today was our wedding day after all. That meant that the fast-approaching sunset heralded our much-anticipated wedding night.



Sunglow thought my nervousness was adorable, but he relented and let me retreat to the bathroom to change out of my dress. I put on my plain old pajama shirt, worrying the entire time. Sunglow wasn’t a virgin, I knew that much. What if I was completely horrible at this woohoo thing? What if he didn’t like what I looked like under my clothes? I was way skinnier than most women, after all, not much curve to speak of.



Finally after twenty minutes or so of agony I forced myself to leave the bathroom and go into the bedroom. Then I got my first good look of what my new husband looked like without a shirt on and—I’m a little embarrassed to say this, but—I completely forgot about anything else. Blessed Berry above, but he was built . . . .



I managed to coax myself into the bed with him, and the next thing I knew we were cuddling close.



As soon as Sunglow wrapped his arms around me, all my fears and worries seemed to melt away.



All of the tension, the need and the wanting that we’d both been feeling for months came thundering back to the forefront.



In no time I found myself pushed onto my back, Sunglow above me, and we were kissing each other like there was no tomorrow.



And for us—in that moment at least—I guess there really wasn’t.



Then that moment came at last. I’m glad we waited until we were married, because it did make the night all the more magical and special.  Though I can tell you one thing for certain . . . this definitely won’t be the last time I drag my husband beneath the sheets! There’s definitely something to this whole woohooing business . . .



Life settled into a blissful routine after our wedding. We were now Mr. and Mrs. Palette and I couldn’t be happier. Sunglow continued his work at the Stadium, being promoted to Snack-Food Hawker, and I increased the size of my garden with a few new harvestables. Nothing could put a dampener on my joy. Well . . . except maybe for the strange stomach flu bug I suddenly came down with a few weeks later  . . . .



((Dundunduuuuun. I think we all know what that means, even if poor naïve Vanilla does not, lol. Hope you enjoyed this installment, see ya tomorrow!))



3 comments:

  1. (This is jessieandrex, btw)
    I love your rainbowcy, great work!
    And fabulous update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww her dress was quite lovely. :) And her shyness is too cute and funny, I am glad she at least enjoys her husband without a shirt on! ;D WOOHOOOOOO!

    ReplyDelete