Sunday, October 16, 2011

Generation 1.9


I’m incredibly proud to say that I’ve achieved one of my dreams. I’m now considered to be one of the premier gardeners of Twinberry. City Hall even sent me this fancy plaque proclaiming my prowess with a spade. I hung it up straight away, magnanimously ignoring my husband’s good-natured chuckling.



Because of all I’d learned, the quality of my crops were improving all the time and starting to bring in more and more simoleons, which was a blessing with baby number two on the way. Sunglow and I were incredibly excited to add to our family, but we were realistic too and knew we could use all the help we could get.



Well into my second pregnancy, my hair was growing longer and longer. I decided to change my hairstyle into a single braid instead of the pigtails. I was a mother now, after all, and it just felt right to me to look a little more mature.



Meanwhile Sunglow and I continued to help Honey Dew with her learning. She had been speaking in garbled baby-talk for a while, but we sat down with her and really started to work on her words. She was a natural.





“I wuv you, mama,” Honey lisped up to me as I set her in her crib, and I felt my heart melt.



“I love you two, sweetpea,” I murmured back, fighting back the pregnancy-hormone-tears to lean down and kiss her forehead. “Angels east and angels west,” I began in a whisper, of what had become our nightly ritual, “north and south just do your best, to watch and guard her while she rests. Goodnight, Honey.”

“Nite-nite, mama.”



Honey was already fighting to keep her eyes open. In no time she laid back, looking like a miniature angel herself as she slept. I watched her for a little while, then quietly left the nursery and shut the door behind me. I gazed down at my distended belly afterward, my hands cradling the new life I was carrying. Sunglow and I were ecstatic to be sure, but I suddenly worried how Honey would deal with this newest addition.



The next day I sat down with her, holding her teddy bear to help keep her attention. “Wow, Honey Dew!” I spoke for the bear, causing Honey to peal with delighted laughter. “Did you know that you’re gonna have a little brother or sister soon?”

“I big Sissy?”

“That’s right! You’re gonna be a big sister. And I bet you’ll be the best big sister there ever was.”

“Yay!”

I don’t really know how much of it she understood, but she seemed happy and for now that was enough for me.



Not long after that I was in the middle of a shower, fresh from working in the gardens, when my water suddenly broke. Oh Berry, I’d almost forgotten how much this hurt! I managed to grab a towel and waddle my way into the bedroom. Sunglow wisely left me too it this time, watching Honey Dew and telling me to yell out if I needed anything.



Hours later we welcomed our second-born into the world. Another precious girl, whom we named Lemon Tart Palette.



And just like with Honey Dew, Sunglow fell in love at first sight.



Unfortunately, despite the teddy-bear talk, Honey Dew did not take very well to this new development at first. She was much more fussy, and jealous of the attention that the new baby got.



She even crawled into her toy box at one point, refusing to come out until we ‘threw the baby away.’



I was pretty distraught about it at first, but Sunglow told me not to worry. He said that it was a normal reaction to have, and that with time and patience Honey would get over her jealousy. We made sure to shower her with love and attention as well, so she wouldn’t feel left out. So long as she had her daddy, after all, Honey was happy.



After that, time really started to fly by. It seemed like in a blink it was time for little Lemon to have her birthday. Sunglow and I bought her a cake just like we had for Honey.



She grew into a beautiful toddler, with her daddy’s yellow skin and eyes, and my white hair and freckles.



The next day we had Honey Dew’s next birthday. I was so sad and excited all at once. My first baby would be starting school tomorrow! I hardly knew how to act. Well, that and her daddy decided to wear his swimming trunks to the party. Really, how was a woman supposed to concentrate with all that muscle staring her in the face?



“Alright sweetpea,” I murmured as I brought her close to the cake. “Make a wish!”

Her tiny face scrunched up into such a serious little expression as she thought it over for a long moment, then she suddenly leaned over in my arms and blew for all she was worth. I leaned down and helped her, making sure all the candles sputtered out.



My first baby grew into a beautiful child. Her seriousness carried over into the next stage of her life, too. I frequently found her wandering the house, an almost sad look on her face. Whenever I asked her what was wrong, however, Honey just shook her head and told me it was nothing. I let it go eventually, hoping that with time she would come to me with whatever was bothering her.



((And another one down! As a side note, the poem about angels is from a movie—or at least that’s where I heard it. Cradle 2 the Grave. I <3 Jet Li . . . ahem. Anyway, hope you enjoyed! See ya tomorrow!))

3 comments:

  1. Great update! And another awesome little girl! The names are too cute! :) They need to have a boy now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Thankies! I'm trying to go with a colors theme of first names, and then I just tack on a cute middle name. Seems to be workin so far, lol. And I know! I need one of each for the challenge! Luckily Vanilla and Sunglow don't mind the tryin. ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  3. That poem.. wow. Im petty sure I know what Ill be singing to my baby girl, should I ever have one :3 Great update, adorableness just seeps from these pictures xD

    ReplyDelete