Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Generation 1.12


((Just a quick note, I got Pets inbetween this update, so Lemon’s hairstyle is different in some, sorry for the continuity bug)).

It was time for Lemon Tart’s birthday, at last. I took her to the cake, confident that she would turn out beautifully. I told her to make a wish, and then we both blew out the candles together.



I wasn’t disappointed. She’s adorably gorgeous, just like her sister. My hair and freckles with Sunglow’s skin and eyes. A wonderful combination if I do say so myself.



Lemon Tart and Honey Dew sat down to enjoy her birthday cake. I was glad they were getting along so well, I’d worried that their different personalities might clash. It was especially comforting, considering that they would now be sharing a room.



Meanwhile I went into the nursery to make sure little Saffron was doing alright. He was, of course, cooing sweetly as I gave him some snuggles before putting him down for bed. It would be his birthday tomorrow, my last child aged up to a toddler. I couldn’t wait to see how handsome he would be.



The next morning the girls headed out for some exploring before their brother’s party. Honey normally wouldn’t be interested in such a thing, but she’d been offered extra credit at school for catching some bugs around town. The experience was like pulling teeth for her, but she was determined to get that boost to her grades. Lemon had a blast, as I understand it, having no qualms digging her hands in the dirt looking for creepy-crawlies.



Once the girls got home, I pulled out Saffron’s cake and we had his birthday together. Sunglow had to work, unfortunately, but he was moving up the ranks of the team by leaps and bounds. He’d already been given the Starter position and now had his eye on Team Captain. The money we got from his promotions and raises had allowed us to renovate the house once again, replacing the warped floors with fresh wood and buying the kids a few more things as well, so I couldn’t complain.



I was a little sad that he was missing out on Saffron’s big day, but I didn’t let myself dwell on it. And I certainly didn’t let the kids pick up on it. Honey and Lemon did their best to cheer Saff on, so I don’t think he even noticed at all.



Much like my girls, Saffron Spice did not disappoint me. He’s such a cutie! He’s got my skin and hair, but his daddy’s lemon-yellow eyes. No freckles, but he’s no less adorable in my heavily biased opinion. Saffron entertained himself with his new doll Jellybean while the girls and I enjoyed some more yummy birthday cake.



As soon as Sunglow came home from work he went right to the nursery. Snuggling with Saffron and telling him how sorry he was that he’d missed his birthday and how proud he was.



Sunglow was the one to put Saffron in his pajamas and put him to bed. Reluctantly on both their parts, I think.



And since Sunglow was still sleeping early next morning, I got the honor of letting our little man out of his crib the next day. Look at that face! He’s the most precious toddler ever born, I’m sure of it.



After making sure Saffron was alright in the nursery, I headed outside to get started on tending the garden for the day. As it was the weekend, it didn’t take long for Lemon to join me outdoors. She immediately began playing in the sprinklers—just like her daddy—and her excited peals of laughter brought more than one smile to my face as I worked.



She also took the time to explore the jungle gym that Sunglow and I had bought the kids with his latest raise. She had a blast on it, unsurprisingly.



Lemon made sure to help out with her little brother too, making sure Saffron had a bottle when he became hungry and fussy while Sunglow or I were busy.



Honey Dew couldn’t be bothered with playing outside, much to my disappointment. She mostly stayed indoors, either painting or watching her favorite shows on TV.



After Sunglow got up that morning he made sure to spend some time working with Saffron, teaching him how to walk. Sunglow had been the one to teach Honey and Lemon most of their life skills, by now he was a champion at it.




After Saffron went down for his nap, Sunglow went out to spend some time with Honey Dew. He tried to get into the historical documentary she was watching, but I get the feeling he didn’t understand a lot of it. Still, it’s the thought that counts.



Through it all, Sunglow and I still made time for each other here and there. I don’t think it’s possible for me to love this man any more than I already do.



Well . . . except for maybe when he does this.



((Woot, another one down! Sorry the updates haven’t been as regular, my game and I are having a bit of a tiff right now. Second Gen is sooooon, I promise. And as for heir votes (as I’ve gotten a few questions about it), I’ve already picked one for Gen 2, and Gen 3 should only have one possibility if all goes according to story-plot, so the earliest vote will be for Gen 4. ))

1 comment:

  1. Soon it'll be generation two. ^_^ I am sooo excited for you Lynn! I can't even imagine gen two for my rainbowcy >.:E!

    ReplyDelete